TITLE: CommunityLearning CenterCoordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree
Positive public relations skills
Skill and ability in the use of technology
Minimum of 3 years of successful teaching experience
REPORTS TO: Executive Directors
JOB GOAL: To use teaching and leadership skills to promote the Community Learning Center programs in SWPRSC.
DUTIES: The employee must….
1. Establish and maintains high expectations for student learning.
2. Continuously monitors student learning/achievement as a basis for program evaluation.
3. Ensure academic focus aligns with the school mission which prepares students to live, learn, and work in an international community.
4. Participate in staff development activities.
5. Promote independent and group work skills.
6. Intervene, when necessary, to remove physical or emotional barriers to student learning.
7. Support the mission of the Southwest Plains RSC and Student Services Program.
8. Promote positive relationships between school districts, superintendents, and advisory committees being served by SWPRSC Community Learning Center Programs.
9. Use effective written and spoken language.
10. Engage in personal and professional growth activities.
11. Comply with and/or monitor compliance with all state and federal laws.
12. Maintain program records and property.
13. Plan and implement Community Learning Center marketing strategies throughout the year.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and in accordance with the provisions of the USD 626 Board of Directors.
The Community Learning Center Coordinator has the primary responsibility of running a diploma program in cooperation with the host school district and SWPRSC. The coordinator must be able to establish a warm caring atmosphere where individuals with life challenges are made to feel comfortable, welcomed and eager to return. Keeping accurate records, monitoring academic progress on specific courses and progress toward attainment of the required number of credits for graduation are essential to the successful coordinator. The coordinator also will need a working comfort level with technology to be able to supervise students working on computers and to perform minimal troubleshooting on both hardware and software.
Terms of Contract:
The CLC Coordinator contract is for 191 days of service between August 1, and June 30. The Learning Centers are generally open when the host schools district is in session and closed when the host district schools are closed. Fringe benefits will be set by SWPRSC Board of Director’s policy.
Performance of this individual shall be evaluated by the Executive Directors in accordance with current statues and according to provisions of the USD 626 Board of Director’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Southwest Plains Regional Service Center 626
SWPRSC is about helping school districts improve student learning. This phrase is more than a motto or mission statement—it is the very essence of the organization and those who serve in the organization. Every decision—hiring, planning for training, speaking to school districts, or putting vision into action—is focused on students and meeting their needs.
Dedicated to improving the education and lives of students, SWPRSC was founded in 1990 with 3 employees for the purpose of spreading the positive messages of education through quality services and training for school districts. To date, the organization has grown to employ 74 outstanding individuals committed to students and the school districts that serve them.
SWPRSC believes in allowing school districts the flexibility of individualizing their selected services. Whether a district needs a consortium, to-the-door delivery, small group workshop, large group workshop, personalized assistance for particular individuals, or a combination, district and building leaders can mix and match appropriate services to fit their needs.
Consultants at SWPRSC serve as Kansas State Department of Education liaisons and bring back to school districts the up-to-date information that will affect school business and education. In addition, our consultants continue gaining expertise in researched based methods of instruction, as well as, attaining national certifications as trainers for leaders in education. SWPRSC… helping school districts improve student learning.
© 2011 KansasTeachingJobs 3.0